Saturday, June 25, 2011

Early Drink???

Here is an advertisement for Guinness Beer with the slogan, "Lovely day for a Guinness". My question, "Why would someone wake up wanting a beer?" I'm assuming that the toucan is to show that the beer is one of the wonders of the world. Both objects (the beer and the toucan) stand out and over the city...which means start your day with one amazing thing that no one in the world can describe. The fact that a roaster is normally the bird that wakes people up, shows that this is a different route for a person to take in the morning, but it's fun, lively, and unique.

I don't mind having a few beers every now and again, but at sunrise? I think not. The first thing I think about when I wake up, after thanking God for another day, is what am I going to eat. I think this is in poor taste because eating on an empty stomach isn't good for anyone. Now I know this beer is made overseas, and this ad is probably targeting that demographic, but I still think if a person wakes up wanting a beer, this is clearly a sign of  an alcoholic. Maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment